Open Blend is an online tool that enables and develops people managers to have effective coaching conversations. Our software facilitates one-to-ones that focus on an individual’s key drivers, wellbeing, and performance; the 3 areas that crucially contribute to engagement.
Our technology is used by innovative, visionary organisations to build a coaching culture that supports people to bring their whole self to work – creating the opportunity to have authentic conversations with managers about what really matters, in their world.
We are a fast-growth business with ambitious plans for further expansion over the next 3 years. We are already working with leading enterprise organisations such as Bain & Co, American Express, QBE Insurance, A&E Networks, Turner Broadcasting and McCann Erickson.
Building a first-rate sales team is paramount to our growth.
What’s the opportunity for you?
As a Business Development Manager, you will work closely with the CEO and Head of Sales to develop and deliver against a robust client development strategy focused on achieving aggressive sales targets.
What’s the role?
As Business Development Manager in an innovative HR tech start-up you will:
- Identifying, prospecting and securing business opportunities to support new revenue growth.
- Creating and developing strong and sustainable relationships with relevant influencers at the target organisations to achieve revenue growth
- Delivering effective sales presentations to demonstrate the benefits Open Blend can bring to customers.
- Align Open Blend with prospect business goals to demonstrate clear ROI.
- Managing pipeline and negotiating to close the sale.
- Forecasting and reporting effectively and accurately all pipeline, territory/industry plans and win/loss analysis to the Directors and ensure the achievement of quarterly targets
- Develop and implement sales / engagement strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Maintaining and enhancing product knowledge in order to be recognised as an expert and an ambassador for Open Blend.
- Communicating effectively with key stakeholders in order that both internal and external relationships are managed to the highest standard of professionalism
- Understanding market requirements to establish, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Clearly linking customer business requirements to product capability and customer usage/value, together with the account management and product team.
- Create an energy and excitement for Open Blend in all client businesses .
- A progressive thought leader in L&D and engaging the modern workforce.
You must thrive in a startup environment and be comfortable consistently delivering on aggressive revenue targets.
We’re looking for the following skills:
- Growth/learning mindset
- Adaptability and resilience
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills – specifically the ability to engage and influence senior enterprise stakeholders and navigate stakeholder management
- Excellent customer relationship management
- Extensive experience in growing customer accounts
- A naturally creative and solution driven thought process
- Self-driven and highly motivated
Who do we hire?
- Smart, independent thinkers
- Passionate, hard-working, entrepreneurial and results-driven
- Team players with experience in small companies
- Experience in a high-growth, early-stage technology business is a bonus
What are we like to work for?
- As a start-up tech business, we think fast, change fast and learn fast
- We are customer focused – we view everything from the outside in
- We believe in open and honest communication - we want everyone’s input
- We value and nurture our team; learning and developing as individuals is key; everyone should be the best version of themselves
- We believe in the power of our team – together we are greater than the sum of our parts.
- The glass is always half full … we are positive, high energy and fun
Package, benefits, training & opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Open Blend sessions with your people manager
- £1k training allowance