Open Blend is an online tool that enables and develops people managers to have effective coaching conversations. Our software facilitates one-to-ones that focus on an individual’s key drivers, wellbeing, and performance; the 3 areas that crucially contribute to engagement.
Our technology is used by innovative, visionary organisations to build a coaching culture that supports people to bring their whole self to work – creating the opportunity to have authentic conversations with managers about what really matters, in their world.
We are a fast-growth business with ambitious plans for further expansion over the next 3 years. We are already working with leading enterprise organisations such as Bain & Co, American Express, QBE Insurance, A&E Networks, Turner Broadcasting and McCann Erickson.
Building a first-rate in-house product team is paramount to our growth.
What’s the opportunity for you?
As UI designer, you will design and deliver against an exciting product roadmap focused on establishing Open Blend as the leading coaching software in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What’s the role?
As UI Designer in an innovative HR tech start-up you will:
- Collaborate with the Head of Product and the development team to define and implement innovative solutions in line with the product vision and product roadmap
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualising original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and explain your rationale behind design decisions
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
The UI Designer must thrive in an agile start-up environment.
We’re looking for the following skills:
- Proven UI experience, demonstratable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience with responsive design
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Growth/learning mindset
- Adaptability and resilience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A naturally creative and solution-drive though process
- Self-driven and highly motivated
Who do we hire?
- Smart, independent thinkers
- Passionate, hard-working, entrepreneurial and results-driven
- Team players with experience in small companies
- Experience in a high-growth, early-stage technology business is a bonus
What are we like to work for?
- As a start-up tech business, we think fast, change fast and learn fast
- We are customer focused – we view everything from the outside in
- We believe in open and honest communication - we want everyone’s input
- We value and nurture our team; we are in it together
- We believe there is always a solution
- We hustle to get it done
- We dream big, and that's exciting
Package, benefits, training & opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Open Blend sessions with your people manager
- £1k training allowance