Who are we
Open Blend is an online tool that enables and supports people managers to have effective coaching conversations with their direct reports.
Open Blend software facilitates ongoing coaching led one to ones where managers can focus on an individual’s key drivers, wellbeing and performance.
Established for just 2 years, in our short history we are proud to include companies such as American Express, Bain & Company, Waitrose and Heathrow Airport in our portfolio of clients.
Our big idea
The world we live in has changed and businesses need to keep up.
A staggering 64% of talent are not reaching their potential, globally a $74bn problem. Engaging and getting the most out of the modern workforce requires new and progressive approaches. We believe the answer sits with people managers.
People managers need support to connect effectively with the modern workforce. With increasingly diverse teams, the rise of the 2 parent working family, the reality that technology enables remote working but never allows us to switch off and the high demands of the millennials, people managers have never been under more pressure to understand and get the best out of their people.
Open Blend uses a unique coaching framework to develop and enable managers to talk to their people about the things that really matter to them, focusing on the ‘whole person’, and not just on a person’s output.
Exciting times for the business
We are taking on investment to help us significantly increase our product portfolio, and to accelerate our growth.
Part of our growth plans include building a world-class in-house technology team.
What’s the opportunity for you?
As the founding member of the new in-house tech team, you will work closely with the Head of Product, the CEO, COO and an experienced advisory board to manage the provision of all the technical elements of the product suite and the technology infrastructure requirements of the business.
What’s the role?
• Head of Tech in an innovative HR tech start-up
• Combination of hands on software engineering and IT strategy
• Responsibility for the full stack as well effective operational IT including (but not limited to) support, business continuity planning, security and third party management.
• Leading and collaborating to develop lean & agile development practices
• Delivering high-growth projects across multiple channels such as:
o Consumer app
o New API suite
o Analytics re-structure
We’re looking for the following skills:
• Excellent C# and .Net software engineering within Visual Studio
• Great understanding of web standards HTML5/CSS3 and components
• A good understanding of MS SQL RDMS and REST Api's
• Experience of Azure portal administration and Active Directory
• Experience working with the full development stack
• Experience in managing and leading technical teams
• A good understanding of BI tools
• Preferably educated to degree level in computer science or scientific/related subject
Who do we hire?
• Smart, independent thinkers
• Passionate, hard-working, entrepreneurial and results-driven
• Ideally experienced in small companies, working and developing teams
• Experience in a high-growth, early stage technology business is a bonus
What are we like to work for?
• As a start-up tech business, we think fast, change fast and learn fast
• We are customer focused – we view everything from the outside in
• We believe in open and honest communication - we want everyone’s input
• We value and nurture our team; learning and developing as individuals is key; everyone should be the best version of themselves
• We believe in the power of our team – together we are greater than the sum of our parts.
• The glass is always half full ... we are positive, high energy and fun
Package, benefits, training & opportunities
• Competitive salary
• Open Blend sessions with your people manager
• £1k training allowance
NO recruitment companies please, direct applicants ONLY.